How do you stop emails going into junk folder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sony007, Nov 19, 2014.

1. sony007 macrumors member

I have too many emails that keep going into my junk folder. Is there a way to allow further emails from particular senders to go straight into the inbox ?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Make sure this box is checked in Mail prefs then add the person to your Contacts and their email address will be exempt from junk filtering.

[​IMG]

3. sony007 thread starter macrumors member

Oh is that what it is:D. Cheers weaselboy.

----------

Sorry weaselboy, on the same subject is there a way to stop junk mail from even getting into the junk folder and being blocked altogether? Cheers m8.

4. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

you used to be able to tell the mail app that it was not junk and it would remember the address without having to add it to your contents. is that not possible with yosemite?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Only if your mail provider has someway of doing that for you on the server side. But for most accounts like iCloud, that is not possible.

You could change that Mail app setting to "Perform custom actions" in that same screen then click advanced and set it like this. That would just auto delete anything tagged as spam. The danger there is if you have a false positive, you would never know it.

[​IMG]

6. sony007 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I've seen several genuine messages flagged up as spam so yeah I'll leave that alone:D. Thanks again for that Weaselboy.