How do you store your collections?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Ih8reno, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Been collecting now for a few months and have put together a modest collection of macs. I have them on an old spare ikea table but want something bit more organized. Anyone here have any suggestions for a inexpensive fix? Or do you store yours in any interesting ways? I'd love to see how you all showcase what you have.[​IMG]

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Sounds like a job for wire shelving (see: metro). Group the macs by age or height for max density. Ready kits are the cheapest, most handle hundreds of pounds.

3. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I have a nice long shelf I use in my bedroom at the moment.

My 512K is networked to that PM 8600 on the far left, which is itself connected to one of my airport expresses allowing me to file share locally to my 512Ke! "Technically" the 512K also has a path to the internet xD

Attached Files:

4. tdiaz macrumors 6502

When did you move to Australia?

.. as for how I store stuff?

It's all over the friggen place. One of these years, I'd like to setup a museum kinda setup in a couple rooms. But until then .. it's all over.

5. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Well, there was a time when my collection would fit in a small room in my basement. Now, they're spread everywhere. Laptops fit nicely on bookshelves, Pizza box Macs are stored in boxes, if the mac has an original box thats typically where it lives unless I use it.

6. tevion5 macrumors 68000

tevion5

I'll move back as soon as Arn fixes his reliably faulty iOS uploader! :p

7. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Just moved things around so they could be stored better. Got a shelving unit from Target and so far it holds up..[​IMG]

Doesn't hold it all as I have an imac g5 and a powermac g4 still out for use!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Suggestion on that storage shelf .. put heavy stuff at the sides. Those things do start to sag after several months. It won't break, but it does get noticeable, and things get "stuck" in the middle if they barely cleared.

9. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

The emac on top makes me the most nervous though, gotta hope this thing was put together right!