How do you sync iPhone to different computers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Luminyx, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Luminyx macrumors member

This (iPhone 4) is my first ever smartphone so I'm new to this. My music is on 3-4 computers. I'm trying to add music from computer #2 and I want to do the manual sync up. If I apply it though, it says it will erase all my music on my iPhone since it can only sync up to one iTunes at a time, which just defeats me trying to get all my music. Perhaps I'm missing something basic, but I don't know what it is. I also wanted to sync up ringtones and it says the same thing. Why does it seem so complicated :mad:

2. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I don't believe this is an option. You can transfer content purchased on an iPhone to different computers, but I believe you can only sync with one library at a time.

Yeah it sucks.

3. Luminyx thread starter macrumors member

Also, I have a 2nd generation iPod touch and I don't think I encountered this problem before. Usually when I click on manually moving the songs, it would allow me to.

I think it'd be pretty ridiculous if it won't allow me to sync up all my songs from multiple computers. I don't want to go through the obnoxious route of putting them all onto my hard drive and transferring it to this machine.