How do you synch only certain photos from iPhoto to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Advance The Man, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

What's the difference with album, smart album and folder?

I created an album with hopes I could only synch this to my new iPhone. However, in iTunes, it doesn't find the album. How do I put only the pictures I want onto the iPhone?

2. joeloud macrumors newbie

You should be able to go into iTunes, connect the iPhone, select the Photos tab, check "Sync photos from: iPhoto" and underneath that, select the "Selected albums" option, and check off the Album you want.

Is the problem that you're not seeing the album in iTunes?

3. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that's right. I see the albums by years, but not the album I called "iPhone Photos". Doesn't make sense:confused:

4. joeloud macrumors newbie

You know, I think I had this same problem before, when I first tried syncing photos, but I can't remember what fixed it. Do you have Aperture on this computer? And I don't need to ask that the iTunes and iPhoto are on the same user account, correct?

5. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

I don't think you can always sync to smart folders. I have a smart addressbook group, but I can't sync that to the phone. I had to create a normal addressbook group and then add the contacts from the smart group to that in order to be able to sync it. Bit of a pain I know, but I think you can just select all, then drag and drop everytime its updated without creating a load of duplicates.

6. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, same account. No aperture.

I created an album, not a smart folder (not that I understand the difference!). You mentioned addressbook group, is that iPhoto or iCal? I tell you, iPhoto is the most confusing mess of a program Apple has. Not intuitive at all.