How Do You Synchronize Your Audio Files on iTunes Across All Apple Devices?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seasurfer, Dec 22, 2015.

1. seasurfer macrumors 6502a

I have a lot of audio and mp3 files and I have using iTunes to play it for the last 8 years.

Every time I change my Mac, I have to copy the iTune folder and transfer it to my new Mac, it is just cumbersome.

Is there anyway I can synchronize all my audio files in iTunes across all devices?

2. bcave098 macrumors 6502

bcave098

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As above I use iTunes Match, I have a local copy on one machine that's backed up to my drobo so I always have a physical copy but everything is uploaded so I can access it from my iPhone,iPad, MacBooks etc all without taking up space.

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Beware; iTunes Match has problems.

I started using it and was very happy with it until one day it removed the ratings on most of my songs. Years of work rating songs, gone in an instant. Or they would have been had I not had a backup.

I went back to the backup, and when I turned on iTunes Match again the ratings again vanished. There was no way to get my library to how it was before with iTunes Match turned on.

So I gave up on it and went back to syncing my devices manually. $25 wasted. :(