Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Title says it all.

Also, just curious as to whether or not this might be normal, but in regards to the backlighting,on the bottom portion of the screen, running from side to side, going upwards about 1mm from the bottom, it seems a little brighter than the rest of the screen. I was curious because I hadn't noticed this before on my other SR MBPs(I've gone through 4 due to various problems,I know, I have the worst luck)

Thanks!

amitface

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
Title says it all.

Also, just curious as to whether or not this might be normal, but in regards to the backlighting,on the bottom portion of the screen, running from side to side, going upwards about 1mm from the bottom, it seems a little brighter than the rest of the screen. I was curious because I hadn't noticed this before on my other SR MBPs(I've gone through 4 due to various problems,I know, I have the worst luck)

Thanks!

system prefs, display, color. open color lcd, click on line 13.

9c67 = lg, 9c68 = samsung

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
its under model right?
cause it reads: 00000610 under manufacturer

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
mine says 00009C69 - do I win a prize :confused:

and i have a lot of backlight bleeding along the bottom - brand new sr mbp 17" hi res - nothing i can't live with but any other 9c69'ers with similar probs?

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
mine says 00009C69 - do I win a prize :confused:

and i have a lot of backlight bleeding along the bottom - brand new sr mbp 17" hi res - nothing i can't live with but any other 9c69'ers with similar probs?

The 17" SR MBP models don't use the same manufacturer codes as above because, obviously, they are different LCD displays! The backlight bleeding seems to be a rather commonly seen problem with the old backlighting that is still on the 17" models (that, as you should know, don't have LED backlighting).

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
The 17" SR MBP models don't use the same manufacturer codes as above because, obviously, they are different LCD displays! The backlight bleeding seems to be a rather commonly seen problem with the old backlighting that is still on the 17" models (that, as you should know, don't have LED backlighting).

thanks - there was nothing above to indicate this was a LED thread ? and, you're right, the backlight bleeding i have is nothing out of the ordinary for a standard lcd panel, which is what made me think this is more likely a 17" mbp thread.

i'll go back to lurking and waiting :)

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
my mistake,
I have the 15in, with what I think is backlight bleeding, Im not sure cause its not supper obvious, sometimes I see it sometimes I dont. its not a huge deal but Id still like to compare notes with others to see if I should return it since I still have a week.

and again, should I be reading the model or the manufacturer info? According to the model number, I have an LG, but Id like to be sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.