How do you TEXT SEARCH on web pages? (With iOS 4.2)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toss002, Nov 22, 2010.

1. toss002 macrumors regular

2. shandyman Suspended

go to search at the top, then when typing a word, search and scroll to the bottom and you'll see On this Page

3. toss002 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Doc.Mac macrumors newbie

Nothing happens on my iPhone 3G :(

5. Mugs macrumors regular

Ahhh brilliant! I was trying to work out how to do it as well!!! :) also I thought if you swiped across from the iPod controls in multitasking it was supposed Yo be a brightness slider...mine is a volume one. Is there a way to change it cus we already have buttons to control the volume!!! o_O

6. Mugs macrumors regular

Ahhh brilliant! I was trying to work out how to do it as well!!! :) also I thought if you swiped across from the iPod controls in multitasking it was supposed to be a brightness slider...mine is a volume one. Is there a way to change it because we already have buttons to control the volume!!! o_O

7. shandyman Suspended

brightness is ipad only. just volume and it's slightly different to volume on the side i think

8. fishdav, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

fishdav macrumors newbie

You have to go to YouTube to get the answer-unbelievable!

Here's the actual answer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzVFCJlnIM0

I'm very surprised and disappointed that you have to go to YouTube to get the answer. This should've been provided by Apple. The answer is NOT intuitive, because (as you'll see when you see the video) the search box ONLY has your choice of search engine in it. Future updates should say (e.g.) "Google or Search Page" instead of just (e.g.) "Google". -- I see "andythursby" (3rd post above) DID answer the question: I didn't quite follow his answer, maybe because I was looking for it to be "more spelled out". For those who, like me, have a slightly short attention span, I guarantee the YouTube will explain it for those who need/would like an a/v demo!

9. shandyman Suspended

well the poster got it from my post, so no need for youtube really...

10. aaronvanderwal macrumors newbie

Not working on my iPod Touch 2G

Not mentioned any where "official" that I have yet found, but the Safari text search is not functional on my 2nd generation iPod Touch. Others are reporting it's not functional on their iPhone 3G.

A bit inexplicable... it's advertised for "all iOS 4.2 devices" on the Apple website, but clearly that's not the case. It can't be that resource intensive, can it?