How do you think the front facing camera will work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Barbs, May 21, 2010.

1. Barbs macrumors 6502

Think it will work with normal phone calls? Or do you think it will only be used with specific apps?

Would be cool to call a friend that also has an iphone and select a button for speaker phone/camera and start video conferencing.

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

They will probably integrate it with phone calls but they will make it as basic as possible so others can make better apps.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Don't see myself ever using it. Have a webcam sitting in front of my most of the time....that I NEVER turn on.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm sure there will be an app...either Apple will come out with an iChat app or instead perhaps they'll work with things like AIM to make sure they support it by launch day. It will primarily be the same as the camera on the Macbooks...launch a chat service and connect.

(In fact, I think iPhone-to-Macbook will be far more common a connection than iPhone-to-iPhone.)

But you raise an interesting point...when on the speaker phone on a connection between 2 iPhones, will a "show video" button appear on each phone?

I hadn't thought about that at all, but it's certainly possible.

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I don't know how Apple will have it working in terms of having to start a video call, or enabling it during a call, but I recall reading on a site (engadget) that someone found in the 4.0 software something that pointed towards it being wifi only.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Yup, it will clearly work if the other party isn't set up for a video call.