How do you think Tim Cook is doing so far?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Delighted, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

I think he's doing a fanastic job in terms of shipping out the iPads in larger amounts, reducing the amount of people waiting in line over night.

But I am disappointed by the fact that he did made the iPad heavier and slightly thicker. I believe this is the first time Apple has released a product that is heavier and thicker than its predecessor.

Also I still see large billboards of the iPad 2 all over my town(I know they are still selling it) but if it was under steve he would have changed them to the new iPad ads like what he did last year.

But overall Tim has been able to raise the stock price of the company and reduced customer fustration with larger supplies of iPads. So props to him.

How do you think he's doing so far?

2. 'Bmac macrumors regular

Tim Cook WILL NEVER have the charisma of Steve Jobs. But I think he is doing OK.

3. Delighted thread starter macrumors 6502

Delighted

Absolutely agree with you, but his performance so far has been great for shareholders. In terms of product launches, the iPhone 4s and iPad(3rd Gen) has only been incremental upgrades. So when an actually huge upgrades come, we can see how it comes about.

4. 'Bmac macrumors regular

That is just it. Time will tell. We just have to sit and wait. To quote Tom Petty from 1981, "The waiting is the hardest part."

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

We never thought he could ever be Steve, and he hasn't tried to be...I got down voted in spades here for saying this guy knew his stuff...He does, and he's proving it...If he'd gone out to try and emulate Steve at the last (And REALLY important) keynote, it would have ended in disaster. He didn't, he is not a showman, but so far? I think he's doing a great job...Big shoes to fill..Whew...I couldn't even try.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't think we will know for another 5 years how Cook is doing, by that time Steve's influence will be about gone.

7. Delighted thread starter macrumors 6502

Delighted

Quite sad but true. I just hope that the Apple leadership team will continue to only hire the A players like steve would have wanted. I read Steves Biography about how steve wishes that Apple never falls onto the same fate as HP and Disney where the visionaries passes away and the people left to control the company goes to a stop.

8. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I think he's doing a great job, and brings some stability to the company.

I also think the share price had been artificially held back whilst the succession plan, and steve's health was playing on investors minds.

I think that design-wise, Jonathon Ive will continue pushing out new products that are just as good as they've ever been.