How do you tie together your iphone/ipad/mac on a daily use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GIZBUG, Apr 25, 2012.

1. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

I own an iphone, ipad, and a mac air. I am a pilot so I travel a lot. I do most of my work when I am at home on my Windows Desktop. But when on the road, I am using my ipad for mainly OFFLINE reading (only has wifi), iphone when I need to get news, emails quick on the fly (with my 4G) and the Mac Air in hotel rooms to sit down and get a deeper look at things I may have missed throughout the day.

I would love to hear some stories how you tie all your apple products together in your daily life, to be more efficient and more productive.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

iPhone 4 - phone calls, texts/iMessages, Twitter, Facebook, and the (very) occasional game.

iPad 2 - Twitter, Facebook, Skype/FaceTime when I'm away from home, light web browsing.

iMac - Just about everything except phone calls and texts. It's the "home base" for my iPhone and iPad, I sync with this iMac. I leave it on my desk, naturally.

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I think one thing that helps is having software that works across all of your devices. I use Evernote for all kinds of things and it makes sharing things across my iPhone and my computer easy.

For example, while waiting at the doctor's office I started a rough draft of a letter. Later I was able to pull the document up in Evernote on my iMac and copy and paste it into Word for completion.

I also use Dropbox for all sorts of stuff and having the App on my phone enables me to pull those items up on my iPhone while I'm away from my computer.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I email from all my devices;
    Big messages with attachments- iMac
    Any size message without attachements- iPad
    Small messages- iPhone

My iPad is used for web browsing, Google Maps and videos. My iPhone handles calls (of course!), music. I use OSX for media consumption and organising, work and web browsing. I use Windows for gaming and work.

I don't think I tie them together all that well, other than using Photo Steam. I tried to work on Pages documents in iCloud but it doesn't really work that well. I'd love it to just sync a folder to the iCloud and not have to manually upload things each time I make a revision.