How do you track a return and replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steveLONDON, May 10, 2010.

1. steveLONDON macrumors regular

So after weeks of waiting I had to return my CTO MBP because it doesn't work without mains power. I've been told the replacement is approved but with no time frame.

So far, all that's happened is that Apple have arranged the pick-up of the old machine. My account has nothing in it about a new machine or any other delivery details. What happens next? Do I just have to keep calling After Sales?

Anyone have experience of returning a CTO portable and getting a replacement?

2. magbak macrumors newbie

I too have issued a replacement because of some weird HDD noise. I called them and asked about the noise, tech-support said it wasn't normal so he put me through to someone to arrange a replacement for me.

I then got to talk to a really friendly woman who told me TNT would call me within 48 hours to arrange pick up for my mac. She also told me at the same time she was ordering me a new MBP (2,4 i5, HR glossy 7200RPM so definately CTO). The next day I recieved an Email with an order number for the new MBP and return info for the old one.

Seems weird that you didn't get any info on the replacement, maybe you should give them a call?

3. steveLONDON thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks - I've had to call them repeatedly as nothing seems to be moving.

I finally just got an email but it says they are processing my 'refund' when I don't even want a refund, I want a replacement. Did you get this too? Is it just a standard response?

4. steveLONDON thread starter macrumors regular

Well after days of phoning they finally confirmed that they never even had my case set up as a replacement, just a refund, so all that's going to happen is I will get my money back. I will have to re-order.

Here we go again.... :(