How do you transfer musics/vids etc from iphone to computer??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SurferMan, Jun 5, 2010.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Synched iphone to the Macbook and said basically it will erase everything from iphone if I go further b/c it was attached to another computer (which doesn't work anymore). I looked up online and it said if you connect the iphone it will show under devices in "Finder", but it doesn't on mine, reconnected and nothing shows for the phone in devices. Plus i have all my apps and custom wallpaper vids etc on vwallpaper that now I'm worried will be deleted...:mad:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First, hook up your iPhone to iTunes. Make sure autosync is off.

Right click on your iPhone in the left pane and choose transfer purchases. This will get all your apps on the computer.

Now right click on the iPhone and choose backup iPhone (this will have all your game saves, app settings, contacts (but you're also going to sync those in the next step), notes, etc, but not pics from your old computer, songs, videos, etc....all the stuff after ringtones in the middle pane under summary).

Go to the middle pane and choose all the programs you need to sync (but not the stuff after the ringtones). Sync.

Use Senuti (costs) or expod (free) to transfer music, video, and other media. Use Image Capture to get camera roll pics transferred (although they are in the backup). Phoneview is another program to consider. If you’re jailbroke, you can do much more easily, but I assume you’re not.

FYI, to be safe, use Funambol (free) to sync your contacts online. That way if anything goes wrong, you still have them somewhere.

3. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks, but wow... now I want to punch steve jobs in the face. I don't know why they made this process so complicated if you get another computer etc.

4. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

well i go to synch applications and it says all applications will be erased and replaced with applications from this itunes account (of which theres nothing on)? Now what??? god why couldn't they have just made it so you connect and synch no problem no matter where you are or what computer your on.

*BTW I am Jailbroken, pretty much did that when I 1st got the phone.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Make sure you authorized the computer.

If you transferred purchases like I wrote, you should have all your apps in iTunes.

6. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

yeh its authorized, but didn't work, exported through expod, and showed in itunes. Synched, and it erased everything (music and videos) even thought it showed on my itunes account to synch.

my buddy said he tried with expod as well and it did the same thing mine did, where it showed everything to synch, then when you syched it disappeared and replaced with nothing.

edit - ahh crap now I see what happened, it's in the music file in documents, what was weird is it all popped up in itunes to synch back to the iphone. Told my buddy here for his and its in the doc folder as well. Looks like the vids are missing though, I'll have to check again.

though now I have another issue, some stuff seems to have disappeared from my iphone, I have the vivid dock and only have 3 icons there now (phone, games, and safari), there used to be 4 now I don't know what dock item is missing.