How do you turn on "make my life easier"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JoEw, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

ok so when i first jailbroke my iphone 4 via jailbreakme.com i didnt select the option in cydia called make my life easier. Mainly cause i figured i could just go back and switch the setting later.

But now i can't find a way to switch that back on and i fear the implications could be huge if i can't turn it on. Since i will likely be upgrading to ios 4.1 or 4.2 when a jailbreak is available.

Can someone give me any advice how to fix this?

Thanks.

2. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I believe it is to late to use the "make my life easier" button.
    You had to use it while Apple was still signing that particular OS

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You only get it once.
    Try tinyumbrella to start saving your shsh blobs.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can download TinyUmbrella and run it on your desktop and saved a Local copy of your SHSHs and also send a copy and all the information that Cydia servers need to request the SHSHs for you.

HOWEVER.... You are too late to save anything else but 4.1 SHSHs (which as right now are totally useless). All you can do right now is to request your 4.1 SHSHs and wait for it for the jailbroken, once you do that, Cydia will request all the follwoings SHSHs and save them for you.

If something goes wrong with your current phone, your only option will be to restore to 4.1, lose your JB and wait.:eek:

5. iPhonizzle macrumors newbie

When greenpois0n comes out, will those of us who didn't choose it be able to turn "make my life easier" on?

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Not for the same device, I'm afraid; Cydia will not present the option again. You can still get your ECID on file, however, by using TinyUmbrella to download your SHSH from the Cydia server. This will get your ECID on-file just as if you had clicked the button and save all future SHSHs.

7. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Afaik cydia is smart enough to determine whether or not your blobs can be saved as well as whether or not your phone needs the option. For instance, my iPhone 2g never got the option because the highest firmware it can use is 3.1.3 which can always be downgraded. Likewise my ip4 never got it because it already had blobs save through TU. But my 3G got the option, because that one could be upgraded to 4.x and it was the first time I jailbroke. Also I think it's true that it's only presented once so make sure you don't miss it or just use umbrella to do it manually.

8. TJone macrumors 6502a

Does cydia show 4.1 shsh's saved for anyone yet? I guess saurek's server is still processing the requests- cydia does not show 4.1 shsh for me yet. Just wondering and looking ahead...

9. tehfrag macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 only shows 4.0 and 4.0.1 shsh's on file, I'd like to know this as well.

the latest version of TinyUmbrella will not run for some reason on my 2006 core duo macbook pro, it just asks for my admin password, icon appears in my dock for a second and bounces once, then disappears and fails to load. Loading the .jar file inside the .app from console doesn't work like it used to in an older version that also failed to start on my mac.

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Cydia shows this for my iPhone 4:

SHSH: iOS 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1

Yay....

S-

11. TJone macrumors 6502a

You are lucky. Mine still shows SHSH: iOS 4.0.1, 4.0.2 but I guess the server is still catching up for the rest of us. It must take a long time to process all the requests and doing it without raising any flags.

12. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I've got all showing, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2 and 4.1 and so does my wife's also.

13. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Cydia doesn't always show what it has saved. For longtime, I was able to request 4.1 blobs from Cydia servers through Tinyumbrella, but they weren't shown on Cydia homescreen. Only within the last few days, did it finally appear. Just use TU and request them from Cydia. If you can saved them, you are all good even if Cydia homescreen is not showing them yet.