How do you uninstall CoreDuoTemp

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
This is pissing me off. I install CoreDuoTemp, and I DO NOT want it anymore. It installs that speedit extension thing. How do I get rid of all of these things that I installed? :mad:

Thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Their FAQ says that SpeedIt is part of the CoreDuoTemp package, so it should all go when you delete the app.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Yeah, but there's a CoreDupTemp folder in the startup items and there's a speedit.kext in the extensions folder.

I found this inside the installer:

#!/bin/sh
sudo cp -r "$1/Contents/Resources/speedit.kext" /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -R a+x /System/Library/Extensions/speedit.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/speedit.kext
sudo mkdir /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp
sudo cp "$1/Contents/Resources/CoreDuoTemp" /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp
sudo chmod a+x /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp/CoreDuoTemp
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp/CoreDuoTemp
cp "$1/Contents/Resources/StartupParameters.plist" /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp
sudo chmod a+x /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp/StartupParameters.plist
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp/StartupParameters.plist
sudo /Library/StartupItems/CoreDuoTemp/CoreDuoTemp start

exit 0
Would I be safe to delete speedit.kext from the extensions folder and the CoreDuoTemp folder from startup items?

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
This may seem strange, but make sure you're at 0.91. If you are, in the CoreDuoTemp menu you should see "Uninstall CoreDuoTemp..." which will give you the option to uninstall SpeedIt.

So if you're at .65 or .8, upgrade to .91 and you will be given the option to uninstall.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Lixivial said:
This may seem strange, but make sure you're at 0.91. If you are, in the CoreDuoTemp menu you should see "Uninstall CoreDuoTemp..." which will give you the option to uninstall SpeedIt.

So if you're at .65 or .8, upgrade to .91 and you will be given the option to uninstall.

Thank you VERY much! I didn't even think to look in the menu. That did the trick. Thanks again!