How do you uninstall CS3 when you have never installed?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Missmarple, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Missmarple macrumors newbie

I bought a used Power Mac G5 that already had PhotoShop CS2 on it. I previously used my own G4 which has CS2, CS3, and CS4 on it.
    I thought it would be no big deal to take my PhotoShop CS3 disk, which I own, and install it on the G5 (which is new to me), but it won't let me do this. It said to call Adobe Customer Service, but they won't deal with anything but the new PhotoShop CC for Intels.
    When installing Photoshop CS3 there is a disk image, that is called "BootStrapper" .dmg. I can click it, and it mounts to the computer, and there are 3 files in there called, Conditions.js & Instructions.js and a folder called Assets. Inside Assets, there are two other items: A file called SETUP with RI as an Icon, and another folder called resources. It is not self-executing and PhotoShop CS3 won't install. Then, when I do that, I try to go through the SET Up for Photoshop CS3, & I get a SETUP Error, which says that Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue & to Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance. Well, how can I do that, when I was told today by Adobe Customer Support that they won't even talk to me since they don't support CS 2,3,4,5 numbers any longer, just CS6. Oh my.
    Help someone?~!!!
    I starts to go through the initializing process and then stops and gives me the message again. What can be done? I will look for my PhotoShop CS4 disk

2. iThinksimple macrumors member

iThinksimple

if you never installing photoshop / installing but unsuccessfully, then what to be uninstalled ?

have you try to installing Photoshop without Internet Connection, although it sound odd, but maybe the photoshop installation checking validation over Internet to Adobe server, and detected if your photoshop version is outdated, CMIIW

btw, can you upload the error screenshot, others member may help identity the error while installation,