how do you uninstall/reinstall Aperture?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Twe Foju, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

so i accidentally updated the aperture software while updating my QuickTime 7.4

and i dont even use Aperture, my thought is that the update will kinda waste my HDD

even 30 mb is quite big for me,

so is there a possible way to re-install the Aperture software so that the updates for it also gets uninstalled?

thanks

2. John Purple macrumors regular

I'm quite certain to remember there was a description how to uninstall Aperture on the disk it was delivered.

3. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

unfortunately i dont have the disk now, do you need the MacOsX Leopard cd to uninstall Aperture?

4. John Purple macrumors regular

You could also search your drives with Spotlight for every file that includes 'Aperture' (don't froget to search the libraries) and delete them, but you can not be sure that there are no (small) files relating to Aperture, that you will not find that way.

5. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

6. John Purple macrumors regular

Never tried it with Aperture. I'm happy to have it working fine on my HD. :)

7. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

seriously, what is the difference with Photoshop? as far as i know, its just a image editing software preety much like Photoshop?

8. John Purple macrumors regular

PS and Aperture are completly different applications. They don't do the same (like Word and Excel). PS is made to edit pictures, Aperture is made to manage 10.000++ of pictures in order to find them when you need them AND to do the basic editing (turn, cut, white balance, contrast and dozens of other editing tasks) with raw-format pictures (it also works with other formats). Most important difference however is that Aperture NEVER makes any change to your original picture. You can always return to square one, which you can't after saving a picture with PS. Adobe has a similar app that is called Light Room, but Aperture is (still) better to handle.

9. Twe Foju thread starter macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

i'll try to give it a try then, since i dont want the update to go for nothing :D