How do you unistall parrells and windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by corry20, May 6, 2007.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I found out I can't have bootcamp and Parrells on my computer at the same time because It needs two keys.I unistalled all of Parrells I think I took every piece of it and put it in the trash and got rid of it.I have bootcamp and it keeps comming up with I need a activation key for it.How do I get rid of winodws with the parrells.I am new at this.thanks.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

You'll have to call up M$ and request a new key. I'm not sure how that works though. Good luck.

3. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

I was told if I unistalled vista it would work and parrells it would work and I could just use bootcamp.

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Hmm. Perhaps you did something wrong. Did you deactvate Vista (is that even possible?), or did you just trash the disk image?

5. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

I wish Parrells had a unistall button that unistalls everything.When I search in spotlight nothing comes up when I search for Parrells.I thought when I unistall Parrells everything goes away I quess not.That'w what I know know How do you deactivate windows.I wish their was a way they could do it on their end.

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Yeah. Unfortunately, it looks like a call to Microsoft is in order. Just calmly explain your situation, and your activation key should either be reset or they will give you a new one. Good luck.

7. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for you're help.I just called them and got a nice lady got right through.They must have tons of people on phones all day.Every time you want to reinstall windows you have to call them which seems like a hassle for them.You have to type in the numbers they are saying and it will reactive it.They said you don't have to be online to do it I don't know how that works but as long as you have you're computer in front of you.

8. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Wow, that is insane! :eek:
    Leave it to Micro$oft.

Well, I'm glad you got it sorted out. Glad I could help.