How do you unjailbreak 4S?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by marine0816, Jan 23, 2012.

1. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

I'm still scared about jailbreaking. how do I take it back to factory settings to get out of jailbreak? Thank you

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Restore it in iTunes and set it up as a new iPhone.

4. marine0816 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marine0816

It's that easy?? So I should stop being a wuss and do it then

----------

It won't work with regular restore?

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yes, stop being a wuss marine.

Restoring from backup brings back all of your jailbreak data which takes up useless space.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

After you restore it iTunes will ask if you want to restore your settings from a backup, tell it no and set it up as a new iPhone. Restoring from a backup can copy over some jailbroken settings that can be picked up by Apple.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're asking that you should never JB in the first place.

9. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Posts like this make this forum useless. Ugh.

10. gjb11 macrumors regular

Won't you lose all of your information/data then?

11. ah123 macrumors regular

You can still restore from backup - it just won't install any of the JB apps/tweaks. But it will restore all your data e.g. texts / contacts etc. - as far as I'm aware, restoring won't leave any trace of a jailbreak.

Edit - just make sure you still do an iTunes backup before you restore! (yes, even if jailbroken)

12. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

So you follow it up with another useless post? :confused:

13. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Well, I wouldn't have since another user kindly posted the information the OP requested. I guess I'm just frustrated with a trend of condescending/unhelpful posts on this forum that belittle the OP instead of providing an answer to the question. My apologies.

14. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I agree, where does it say you have to KNOW IT ALL when you join the forum? We were all new at this to start out with and I'm sure you had your share of questions back then so why act all mighty now that you know that answers?

Being an A$$ doesn't make you any better then the rest of us, it basically makes you look like..... you guessed it - an A$$

15. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

No need to apologize. I merely believe that your post only served to further the issue. Instead of letting it die, you lengthened it. You said it was a useless post, but your post did exactly the same thing. This is why I asked the question I did.

Now then, back to the OP.
    Jailbreaking isn't hard or dangerous. But you must make sure you've researched it thoroughly and know all the in's and out's before you do it.

16. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

Simple restore should do the trick..........

goto idownloadblog

They list and link the top 100 cydia apps and tweaks as well as some tutorials on there.

Hope I didn't breka any rules but just wanted to give the OP a visual aid along with my info.

Thanks

17. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Indeed restoring does give you a clean idevice, however, using your old backup brings back all your data; sms, photo's, music, etc....and it also uploads all your plist (settings data) for your jailbreak apps.

Those don't show up, you won't notice anything it just takes up space.

To completely get rid of all jb related remnants set it up as a new phone. That does mean that you lose your txt, pics etc

18. takeshi74, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not to mention that the OP already had his answer well before the post that upset TBONE.

Anyone considering JB'ing should be doing his/her own due diligence. If you need spoon fed inormation then you really shouldn't be JB'ing IMO as you're running the risk of ending up stuck and helpless when you could, instead, be searching for your solution. Waiting for a response on any discussion forum site could take a long time.

You don't have to know it all. You should, however, know to read the FAQ's, read the stickies, search and then ask rather than act as if you're entitled to answers for every little question. Odds are the question has been asked and answered before.

I've never JB'ed before a couple of days ago. I'm learning myself. If you want to learn then take some initiative and responsibility.