How do you unlock Ios 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by manawwas, Dec 27, 2011.

1. manawwas macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I successfully jailbroken my phone and it is untethered i did install cydia and now want to unlock it. I am running on Ios 5.0.1 with baseband of 04.11.08? Do I just go to mange and type repo666ultrasnow.com?

2. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

with the baseband of 04.11, you have no option to unlock (software or hardware0. So, sell it and buy a factory unlocked phone if you want to use on a different network.

4. manawwas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys. I was hoping to finally unlock and use my phone to tmobile

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you wanted an unlock, you don't update to ios 5.x. :rolleyes:

6. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

Silly question but....

Will there ever be? My co-worker wants me to sell him my IP4 so he can hang on to it until there is an unlock for him to use it on T-Mobile. I wasn't going to mind selling it to him and upgrading to the 4S but if there is no chance in it being un-lockable I might feel bad selling it to him.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Not likely. There hasn't been a software unlock for iPhone 4 since it came out.
    There's gevey for bb 4.10 and below.
    Your co-worker is better off getting a factory unlocked phone.

8. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Unlocks are not as "essential" as they were in the past, with 3 out of the 4 main providers having the iphone now. And since you can now simply just buy one factory unlocked in the US very easily, its not much of an issue anymore.

There's always going to be a handful of people using it for going abroad and such - bottomline, if you need an unlock, just buy a factory unlocked phone. That's why they exist.

9. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

bad news

This is really bad news for me unfortunately - I live in China and picked up two iPhone 4's while I was in the states with the intentions of using them in China.

So with that said, I'm on 04.11.08 as many of the other posters - let me ask this question.

Is it likely that this baseband will never be unlocked? If so, why is that?

I wish I'd have had the chance to preserve the baseband, but I bought them all second hand and they are now as they were purchased.

Thanks,
    Brian

10. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Why is that?

And the ip4 on your sig is unlockable, right.