How do you upgrade to v2.2 not v2.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bessamy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Bessamy macrumors member

Bessamy

How do you upgrade to just v2.2? I do not want to go up to v2.2.1 yet because of the issues with wifi I have heard about. Is it possible?

Thanks so much,

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Download a 2.2 Firmware bundle from the internet somewhere and Option>Restore and select that file to Restore with. Make sure you have a backup of your current iPhone settings.

David

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Then follow my instructions on how to restore using that firmware bundle. If they were not clear enough or you need screenshots then I will take some and post them upon request of any user.

David

5. Bessamy thread starter macrumors member

Bessamy

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

I have a iPod Touch 2G, with version 2.1.1.

Might I lose data by doing a restore? I am so new at this. I almost updated the day before 2.2.1 was released. But I waited until I had more time in case I ran into any problems. I have never updated an iPod before. :eek:

I didn't see a restore file at the suggested link for the iPod Touch v2.2.

6. Acronym macrumors 68000

what i'd like to know is why is an ipod in an iphon forum? :p enjoy your newly updated ipod touch :)

7. Bessamy thread starter macrumors member

Bessamy

I apologize for posting in the incorrect forum.

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I'm sure this will help some iPhone users too.

David