How do YOU use Air Display?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Mr9758, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Mr9758 macrumors regular

I use my iPad as a third display for showing Pandora, iTunes, and various palettes as I work. How about you?

2. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I bought iDisplay. Some others have had issues with it, I have not.

3. headphonesonly macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

In testing this seems like a pretty sweet way to use it. Hopefully Apple updates the Keynote Remote app for iPad to mirror the function of the secondary display presenters tools.

4. Sfdoddsy macrumors newbie

I don't yet, but hopefully someone here has tried what I am hoping for.

I'd like to use my iPad as a monitor for my headless Mac Mini HTPC

The theory is that I Mirror the display, and can still use the Mac Mini mouse and keyboard, or the iPad via touch when I am lazy.

I can and do use VNC apps for remote access, but none that I have tried allow the use of the Mini's mouse.

Anyone tried this with Air Display? And if so, how fast is it?

5. jtara macrumors 65816

I don't have a Mac Mini, but have done this with my MacBook.

The advantage over VNC is that you get a 1024x768 desktop, rather than having to pan-around on a larger screen. It seems fast enough.

Yes, I can use the mouse and keyboard on the Macbook.

6. rikmac macrumors newbie

Air Display was working great when I first installed. Now it seems that I constantly have to reset the app or the computer still things the ipad is on. I lose valuable screen space

7. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I use it with my laptop when playing Full Tilt Poker, I put the poker app on the air display full-screen, gives me a nice convenient touch-screen interface to play poker on :)

8. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

I use illustrator and photoshop for design at work and in the evenings. Air display is used as a second screen for palettes and it works perfectly

9. DKatri macrumors 6502

I normally just run something like Tweetie or Omnifocus or skype, something that isnt my main thing but something I like to glance at.

10. bmat macrumors 6502

when you run air display, can you turn off our iPad, and then when you turn it back on does it good right back to where it was. Or do you have to start the process all over again?