How Do You Use the iPhone in Your Work Life?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jw nyc, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

We all know the iPhone is as good as it gets when it comes to being an entertainment device, but how do you use your iPhone when it comes to your every day business life? What apps do you use at work that make the iPhone so great? For me, aside from the basical email, calendar, contact features I find the following apps indispensable when it comes to business:

2Do - to manage my tasks
    Evernote - best notes organizer. ever.
    Reeder - able to stay updated on industry related news sources
    Maps & Google Earth - amazing for real estate to see properties and locations
    Google Voice - work dedicated mobile & office number
    Dropbox - have all my important files on me at all times
    Bloomberg - able to follow my stock portfolio
    Citibank, Amex, Mint.com - track/manage my finances
    World Card Mobile - amazing business card scanner (no more manual inputting!)
    MyFax - electronic faxes right on my iPhone
    Genius Scan - allows me to scan documents from my iPhone
    Dragon Dictation - dictate information during property tours or when typing isn't practical
    Back of the Envelope - great for real estate property valuation on the go
    LoopNet - commercial property search and info
    StreetEasy, Trulia, Zillow, PropertyShark - property information & comparable info

What apps do you guys use that makes your iPhone invaluable to your working life?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Awesome Note
    AIM
    Documents to Go
    corporate Outlook email

Used to use the Salesforce app but we migrated to another platform. I try to keep as little work related crap on my iPhone as possible.

3. iFitz macrumors regular

Lucky me, I get to use my iPhone for lots of reasons at work. I have a company blackberry, but rarely use it. I use the iPhone to check iTunes store for our audio content and ringtones. I have all my work emails, contacts, calendars on my iPhone, and I use it to check apps. There are a myriad of reasons I use it for work. iPad too.

4. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why was this thread moved to the iPhone apps section? The topic isn't just about apps but how people use their iPhone for work on a daily basis...not just about what apps they use.