How do you use windows based eyboards with your Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fireshot91, Jun 4, 2009.

1. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

How do you use Windows based keyboards (like...the typing keyboard, not musical) if they have Mac compatibility. Take the Logitech Wave for example.
    It has both Windows and Mac compatibility- But it has a Control/Windows/Alt button, instead of Control/Option/Command buttons.

Do they come with Command/Option keys, or do you just get really mad when you look at your keyboard (I know I would)?

2. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb

I'm using a crappy dell keyboard at the moment. All that it is is the windows button is the command button and the alt button is the same.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

If you plug a Windows USB keyboard into a Mac (assuming you don't have any specialized drivers installed) the only major difference is that the position of the Command and Option keys will be swapped (ie: the 'Windows' key will be command and 'Alt' will be option).

4. fireshot91 thread starter macrumors 601

fireshot91

Well yeah, but it's misplaced (Logitech MX3200- and Wave) compared to my Logitech S530 For Mac.

The S530 has the Control/Option/Command (In that order) and this has the Control/Windows/Alt (In that order).

It would really suck if you're used to the S530 and got to move to any Windows keyboard for your Mac.
    *Hesitatese to place order for the Cordless Wave*

5. thunderweb macrumors 6502

thunderweb

It really doesn't take much to to get used to it. I wouldn't split hairs on it, if you like that set I would get it.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

You can reverse the Windows and Alt keys in Mac OS to behave like the Apple and Option keys.

System Prefs > Keyboard and Mouse > Modifier Keys