All iPads How do you use your iPad for school?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by venividivigor, Jan 1, 2014.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

How do you use your iPad for school? Just curious, I got my iPad recently and I wanna start using it for school. I wanna know how I could benefit a lot from using it at school.

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

It would help if you shared what grade level you're in. :confused:

3. Altis macrumors 68000

Google docs works well, if you have a Gmail account. Do you have wifi at school, or an LTE iPad?

It helps to tell us what subjects you focus in. You'd probably benefit from a keyboard and maybe a stylus.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Bamboo Paper (thumbnails/storyboarding/sketches)
    Amazon Kindle (textbooks)
    Evernote (notes)
    Firetask (for managing projects)
    TI-Nspire CAS (calculations/etc)
    Graph Paper (self explanatory)

5. dsquarius90 macrumors newbie

I just graduated from the education program at my university and did my student teaching.

For taking notes/writing papers I used Pages.
    To make Powerpoints and Presentations I used Keynote.

Remember, with these you can start them on your Mac and seamlessly update them from your iPad and iPhone (iCloud), as well.

For textbooks I used Adobe Reader or iBooks, depending on the type of document. (Some secure PDFs will only open in the official Adobe App)

At the school district where I did my student teaching we used Google Drive to create documents and to share them with students (or have them turn-in to us). The Google Drive App and Quickoffice Apps are really just crap, to put it bluntly, so this was difficult. The best way to manage them is on a regular desktop/laptop. Which was unfortunate, as I would've liked to be able to do more work from my phone/iPad.

For any random time that I felt I needed to hand-write something, or draw a diagram, I used Penultimate (made by the same people as Evernote).

Fortunately for me, iPad came out my Freshman year, so I have been fortunate to have one during the duration of my studies.

6. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I think it might be better to figure out "hey, if I had an iPad then this would be 1000x easier..." or "if I had an iPad I could do this...."

That's precisely what I did. I put all my books on it, my sole reason for purchasing my Air. Helps a lot. I don't think taking notes on it effective at all.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I guess one use would be to use the scanner pro app to scan all your notes and store them in dropbox. You could even annotate on them in apps like notability.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

My school doesn't have iPads:( it always makes me really really sad! I want then so baldly. (I'm in high school)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just do what the rest of us do - we save up until we can afford it.

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

My school does not allow the use of tablets to take notes with. But my school is thinking about it as they made all students do a survey.

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm seeing more school systems taking a closer look at the iPads but I agree most right now don't allow them

12. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Its not that I don't have one its that the school wont provide them or let us use them. We use paper.