• horizontal

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • both

Votes: 58 74.4%

• Total voters

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
OP, you didn't vote yourself. There was a zero in "horizontal".

Beside that I use both orientation, depend on what app I'm using and where.

Don Kosak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2010
Hilo, Hawaii
I do a lot of typing on mine, so it's almost always Horizontal (landscape).

The keyboard is too small in portrait to really type at any speed.

I have an external Apple bluetooth keyboard, but I don't use it very often. It's inconvenient to drag along with me.

About the only time I flip into portrait mode is to read a book.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I use both orientations, interchangeably, depending on what app is in use. Even in apps that use both, like Flipboard, Kindle, Safari, and Twitter I use both, depending on the content and my mood.

OP, I don't see how you can always use your iPad in one orientation as certain Apps require certain orientation (i.e. apps like Temple Run in vertical/portrait; Garageband and the like in horizontal/landscape)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Pretty much always horizontal...I sometimes play with the camera vertically, but even after 3 iPads, I just don't see the ipad as a camera, It feels all wrong and it's hard to hold it properly for pictures..A shame because the camera itself is quite good when you stack it up against a mid-price compact.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I do a lot of typing on mine, so it's almost always Horizontal (landscape).

The keyboard is too small in portrait to really type at any speed.

I have an external Apple bluetooth keyboard, but I don't use it very often. It's inconvenient to drag along with me.

About the only time I flip into portrait mode is to read a book.
I actually use it vertically most of the time for the same reason. Typing on the keyboard in landscape just seems too cramped. I use the split keyboard in portrait mode and type with my thumbs. Works very well.

And to answer the OP's question, mine is in portrait mode probably 75% of the time. I use landscape only to watch movies or play games where portrait isn't
an option.