How do you use your ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tech198, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Whats the best way to change the iPad?

As and when if needs to, or plugged in constantly when its in-use?

2. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Apple's opinion on the matter is to let it run out completely at least once a month and I try to adhere to that. In my case, however, my battery usually gets enormous usage and standby times on a full charge. I only use the device for surfing and sometimes streaming videos though.

3. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I rarely use it plugged in. However, I use it as an alarm clock so it gets plugged in every night. It is also plugged in when being used as my GPS in my car.

After a normal days usage for me, it is anywhere from 15-30%. I keep it around 25% brightness. I just use it a lot, I guess.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You can refer to this and the countless prior battery/charging threads:
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/

It's up to you to determine a compromise you're willing to live with between what's best for the battery and best for you.

5. mechanopony macrumors member

mechanopony

I'm really scared to let the battery run down to zero. Last time I did that with another iDevice, it really killed the overall life.

On the other hand, it shouldn't be on the charger all the time. That would shorten the battery life as well.

I usually let it get down to about 18% (at the lowest) and then charge it. Just to be on the safe side of that fine line.