All iPads How do you use your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TDPHunter, Oct 9, 2013.

1. TDPHunter macrumors member

TDPHunter

I originally bought an iPad 1 64GB wifi and loved it. I used it all the time for reading my RSS feeds, YouTube Videos, Watching TV Shows, and Reading Books during my personal time. When I went to work I would take it to conference meetings and take notes. Having the ability to draw on it was nice when paired with a stylus. I also enjoyed using it when I went to week-long conferences in a hotel where I could take it to each break-out session.

Unfortunately, I decided to give it up to my Mom who has a hard time understanding computers. She doesn't understand a lot of basic concepts and the iPad was great for her to access mail, facebook, and other things she likes to do.

So, I'm now iPad-less and am looking to buy an iPad 5 but was curious to see how others use their existing iPads or intend to use the new iPad 5. If you can mention any software that you use or that comes in handy that would be great. Anything to improve my workflow would be awesome.

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

My best tip is to replace web browsing with a dedicated app whenever possible. It shaves time off of every page load, gives a better interface, and improves organization.

3. TDPHunter thread starter macrumors member

TDPHunter

Right On!

I would agree. I always look to see if my favorite sites have a mobile app. I use a lot of online productivity tools (Evernote) and I love that most have a dedicated app for the iphone or ipad.