How do you use your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JoeG4, May 9, 2010.

?

How do you use your MBP?

1. I keep it at home at all times, sitting on a stand

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Preciously wrapped in as much plastic crap as possible

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. I have a silicone keyboard skin!

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. COMMANDO!

36 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

It just struck me the other day, after reading about how some people (this includes myself) just love aluminum laptops, that I've seen too many nice MacBook Pros lately wrapped in garbage.

Yes, garbage. You bought a premium $2000 laptop, and decide to carry it around inside a cheap plastic spec case, cover the palm rest with moshi, and then cover the keyboard with silicone.

That's like the equivalent of wrapping your furniture in clear plastic? Yes?

And that's not the worst. Then, I've noticed a lot fo people opting for using an iPad on the go, and using their laptop only on top of one of those desk stands, connected to an external LCD, keyboard, and mouse.

WTF?!

Tell me somebody here purchased the computer and uses it for what it was meant to! Please! my sanity is at stake lol.

2. Mirabella macrumors regular

Are you telling me you don't keep your furniture wrapped in plastic? Don't you realize that it might eventually show signs of wear, if you let people touch the fabric? :eek: ;)

Damn straight I use my laptop "commando".

I don't have a problem with people wrapping their laptops in plastic and silicone armor, but it's not for me. My MBP is a tool, and I intend to use it as such. Coddling it would inhibit my productivity and my user experience. I don't really care about scratches.

3. Harmless Abuse macrumors regular

I would love to use my notebook without anything.

I probably could.

But I won't.

I live in a home with 2 dogs, 1 is a Siberian Husky and boy does she shed.

No amount of vacuuming in the weeks she's blowing her coat stops the hair tumbleweeds.

Plus my home is under construction, so it's really dusty. I like having a keyboard cover for those times I'm home. I clean the cover once every week and there's a rather decent layer of dust and dog hair that I can't stop from coming. I clean daily, dust, vacuum, open windows, etc. It's just how my home is.

Then due to medical reasons I drop things and fall over quite often. So I had a Speck and I keep it in an Aftpack when walking around campus or whatever.

I know the plastic isn't the best protection, but it's something else to disperse the shock a bit.

Cosmetically, wear and tear doesn't bother me. But huge amounts of dust and numerous drops do.

4. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I don't have a MBP, but a MacBook, and I pack my MB everywhere, no case, well, it's in a sleave inside my backpack. And If I'm out doing stuff, my computer goes with me, always. It's a little scratched up from this,but hey,it's a tool, not a $1000 dollar toy that stays on a desk.;)
    i do use it at a desk,with an external HD,HDTV,keyboard,mouse but that's only if I'm home,which is rare.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It never leaves the house. It always sits on my bed where I use it 100% for web and movies. No case, no protection. I wipe it off about once a week to remove little food and drink splatters etc.