How do you view MacRumors:Forum

AV8TOR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Fort Worth TX
Do you use the New Posts and scroll down the pages, then do a Mark all Forum Read?

Or do you go down through the individual forums that you are interested in?

What does subscribe to forum do because I searched in the FAQ and no pages came up?

Thanks in advance.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I never asked about viewing my posts or replies to my posts but thanks for that, I also asked how "you" view the forum
You asked how I view the forum. I answered that, as well as your question about subscriptions.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Oh Forum Spy, thank you I will look into that
You can never have too much info (regarding your previous post).

Some of use Forum Spy, but others just go to the individual forums that they like.

FYI, in Forum Spy you're going to need to pick your preferences, otherwise you'll be overwhelmed and it won't be helpful. For example, right now you'd probably have a whole page of iPad posts, unless you don't click that forum as a preference.

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
Usually, I follow the new posts and contribute occasionally. When I'm in search of something specific, then I visit the forum category relevant to my quest, usually something related to iWeb and blogs.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Forum subscriptions

Forum subscriptions (e.g., subscribing to the "Digital Photography" forum) aren't as flexible as thread subscriptions. If you subscribe to a forum (from the Forum Tools drop-down), you can have daily or weekly email sent to you telling you about new threads, or you can check your User Control Panel to see the status of your subscribed forums. You can't get instant notification of new threads in a forum.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
FYI, in Forum Spy you're going to need to pick your preferences, otherwise you'll be overwhelmed and it won't be helpful.
+1. Unless you're sitting watching Forum Spy, it's really not helpful to be subscribed to all forums. If I'm on very early in the morning, it's fine to view all forums, but at all other times this forum moves so quickly I'd miss good stuff otherwise.

AV8TOR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Fort Worth TX
FYI, in Forum Spy you're going to need to pick your preferences, otherwise you'll be overwhelmed and it won't be helpful. For example, right now you'd probably have a whole page of iPad posts, unless you don't click that forum as a preference.
Thanks for the tip as the iPad posts have increased the viewing of New Posts exponentially. i think I will like Forum Spy