How do you want to die?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mbpnewbie, Sep 27, 2009.

1. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

We've all seen the celebrity deaths kicking around hollywood lately, so with that being said:

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DIE?

I totaled my first car a couple years ago when I spun across the road going way too fast. I remember looking at the world spinning and thought this is cool. I want to die while going backwards at 100mph while on fire. I have been asked this question a few times, and this is the only answer I can come up with. I think it makes sense that a car nut would like to go out in a car.

2. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

Painlessly for a start. Dignified would be a plus. And if it could be postponed a decade or eight that would be great, thanks.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't want too and I generally don't even think about my own demise.

As a Christian, I do not fear death, but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the process ;)

Its out of my control so I don't dedicate any brain power, especially when there's a whole lot more uplifting thoughts that I could be focusing on.

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

with a laugh, my family gathered around me i whisper my final words....

"The treasure is buried......" :D

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

On a spaceship while coming back to Earth from a space-flight to Mars, with my quad-breasted alien girlfriend hovering above the passenger seat. All she can do is bake cookies and have sex, but she's also invincible, so at least someone will be around to take care of our 17 kids.

6. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

As soon as the time is right, and the Lord says it's time to go. And, any way he chooses.

7. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

haha lol,
    but painlessly in my sleep at a very old age

8. djellison macrumors 68020

Backwards, on fire, at over 150 mph, in something with a LEAST a V8 and 500 bhp.

9. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

^^ Vin Diesel? Is that you? :D

If I'm gonna go, make it count. I want to die at the hands of some violent shooter after saving a group of children and blocking them with my body.

Or stepping in front of a truck and pushing someone out of the way only to get hit myself.

Something epic and meaningful. And play Peter Gabriel's "I Grieve" when you plant me in the ground...

10. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

First choice, massive coronary while achieving fantastic orgasm doing the boom-boom.

Second, in my sleep.

Would like to think I have 20 years left.:eek:

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Before the one I love and I prefer in my sleep.

12. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

13. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't want to and I generally don't even think about my own demise.

As an agnostic, I do not fear death, but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to the process ;)

Its out of my control so I don't dedicate any brain power, especially when there's a whole lot more uplifting thoughts that I could be focusing on.

14. Queso macrumors G4

No opinions as to how, when it comes it comes. I don't worry about it too much, although obviously I want to ensure those I leave behind are provided for.

15. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I want to die like my grandfather .Peacefully in my sleep.
    Not like the passengers in his car. Kicking and screaming.

16. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

To die. Alone. In the rain.

I always liked the Jack Handy quote. (Or was it Steven Wright?) "When I die, I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa. Not screaming and yelling like everyone else in the car with him."

Edit: Wow, looks like Peace and I had the same idea. :)

17. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I'd like to die from the wounds I suffered having just killed some terrible warlord or something. Also, there will have to be plenty of photographers and such around so the story gets told a lot ;p

18. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

You'd love the ending of Blade Runner, if you don't love it already. That was actually a pretty cool way to go, poetically, rainy and everything.

19. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

It's a little sick, but...

Go to the empire state building. Tie a very thin string around my neck, and super glue my hands to my head, and jump off.

The string will cut off your neck, and your hands will be holding your head, so it looks like you ripped off your own head.

20. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Might as well as go out in a blaze of glory -- put me down for hypersonic flaming Space Shuttle bits whizzing by overhead at Mach 18, setting off multiple sonic booms. (Don't worry, I'll be unconscious due to loss of cabin and suit pressure before 3,000 degrees F heat gets into the spacesuit.)

Pleasant thread. :eek:

21. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

22. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Or you could have someone with excellent aim stand at the top of the ESB, and you standing on the ground at a particular location... have the person aim... then throw a cent towards your head. Hope your plot's paid for. :D

(OK, so this is a myth, but nonetheless, an amusing one. I can say I've tried this stunt as a stupid kid at the 1/3-scale 275 feet high replica Eiffel Tower at King's Dominion and all I managed to accomplish was to baffle a security guard standing on the ground before annoying him then finally launching a manhunt -- he still thought someone on the ground was pelting him with pennies. electroshock has since gotten much smarter in the years since, and no longer has the boredom or time to pelt pennies at people from great heights.)

23. haiggy macrumors 65816

icwutudidthere :rolleyes:

24. oblomow macrumors 68030

oblomow

Damn, I wanted to make that joke. I saw the thread title, and my first thought was 'hurray, finally I can vent that joke'.
    About the question? I would like to go a long time before my children, and quickly please. (no long, possible painful, miserable suffering in a hospital bed). And since I think there is no god/afterlife, I hope I will be around for quite along time. So perhaps a heart attack, while sitting on a mountain top after a long hike, enjoying the setting autumn sun.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, from the sperm to the worms.

25. AngryApple macrumors 6502

If a gunman or something of that nature threatens several peoples' lives, I'd like to be the one to save them all. No that I want a gunman to come up to me, but if one does I don't want to die doing nothing. Otherwise, I'd like to die sky diving with a deadly tarantula.