How do you wear your SS Link?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ckiggins, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ckiggins macrumors 6502

So my purchase was the SS w/classic buckle, but I recently picked up the link band.

I seem to be in between sizes - I removed 4 links and the watch is very snug, no movement, but almost feels a bit tight. If I put a link back in, the watch will slide up and down my wrist a bit. Granted, it's no more movement than my Movado has on my wrist, but I'm concerned about not noticing haptics if the watch slides around.

How are you wearing your link bracelet? Does it slide around at all on your wrist? If so, do you have any issue with feeling haptics since it's not tight against your wrist?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've read some posts where people said the band fit better if they remove the link asymmetrically. That is, like remove three from one side and one from the other.

3. usarioclave macrumors 65816

My link band slides all over the place. I have about two inches between my wrist and where it sticks. When I'm at my desk it's usually up, and when I'm walking it drops down to my wrist. When it was snug all the time it just felt really uncomfortable.

The watch seems to be pretty good at realizing it's always on my wrist, and doesn't seem to have problems with the heart rate etc even though it's loose.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I liked the link bank on my SB 42mm watch but my wrists change size during the day and it was either too tight or loose. I use the Brown Leather Loop now and the adjustments are so easy now and I like the way it looks. Also bought the black leather loop but have not tried it yet.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This. Play around with removing links from the same side, different sides, or both sides. You can probably find a good fit. If not, I prefer the more snug feel. I hate having to manually tilt the watch face towards me with my other hand.

6. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Standard advice for link bracelets in general is to have the fit allow getting one's small finger on the opposite hand between the clasp and wrist up to the first joint. I personally don't use this much as most of the first joint is missing on the finger in question... but for those of you who are still in one piece this works well.

On all my Omegas, I have a slight asymmetric setup (shorter on the 6 o'clock side by 1/2 link). As the Apple Watch doesn't have half-links, I'm running one less link on the 6 o'clock side and this is satisfactory.

Being much lighter than most of my Omegas, and also being a tiny bit more snug, the watch stays put and the bracelet is extremely comfortable. I especially note the flush-fit clasp tends to clear my desk much better while typing on my MBP.

7. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

I moved a link to the 12 o'clock side and it improved the fit and surprisingly, the clasp is more centered on the back of my wrist. I guess I wear the face a tad bit lower than center, but it looks centered to me.

8. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

I'm the same, my wrists are bigger in the morning. The watch was delivered in the afternoon and I put it on and it felt a little loose. :)

Hadn't really thought about it, but the watch does keep wiggling up, until the clasp is centred on the bottom. I'll need to move a couple to my pinkie side to balance it out.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Yep, moving a link or tow make a big difference in how the watch lays on the wrist so you can see it. I had to experiment but it worked great.

10. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

That's how I have mine.

As others have said, the fit varies a little during the day. Looser in the morning, tighter in the evening. I don't wear it all day. I often take it off later in the evening -- it starts feeling a little uncomfortable if I wear it too much.

I'm still as much in love with it as I was when I got it. I think it's easily the best looking band. And, yes, I tried all of them!