How do you wear your watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ksuyen, Feb 24, 2015.

?

How do you wear your watch?

1. Tight, skin contact

35 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Loose, a little skin contact to the back of the watch from time to time

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Loose, very little to none skin contact

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

According to Apple, more health sensors are possible in the future. Right now, the technology is hampered by many variables, mainly on the many ways people wear their watch. Obviously Apple could also settle on 'you wear it the wrong way' but I don't see Tim Cook doing Steve Jobs anytime soon. So, here is the poll, how do you wear your watch?

1. Tight, skin contact
    2. Loose, a little skin contact to the back of the watch from time to time
    3. Loose, very little to none skin contact

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Somewhere in between 1 and 2.

Loose enough for the watch to move about a bit but with skin contact most of the time. It also varies with temperature.

3. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I currently don't wear a watch. I guess I'll be finding out in April.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not quite sure what you mean by option 3. If it's that loose, wouldn't it just swing around all the time?

I don't currently wear a watch, but when I did, to the best of my recollection, I'd say I wore it closer to 1 than 2.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

2., although I don't care about the health/fitness monitoring aspects of the watch.

6. ksuyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

Actually I saw a dude this morning wear his watch exactly like option 3, which prompted me to do this poll :eek: I mean seriously, some people think watch = bracelet.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Seriously? I mean, wouldn't the watch flip to whichever side was down, meaning, if you raise your arm to see the time, the watch will slide to the side of your arm that is facing away from you. And if you turn your arm, the watch will then slide to the other side... You'd have to grab the watch and hold it in place to see the time. Wouldn't it? ????

8. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I've got skinny wrists, I like it tight with skin contact.

9. ksuyen thread starter macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

Exactly.

Though I think the most sensible way for him to check the time would be raise his arm, turn it a bit so the face of the watch facing him, while the watch hanging on his arm. Or as you said, grab the watch, which is not too uncommon for a girl-type watch bracelet, except this is dude watch (you know big watch with big metal band).

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

My current watch slides around a decent bit, but that's mostly because it's a non-adjustable cheap metal band from Target. When the Apple Watch comes out I plan on being able to properly adjust the link bracelet to get a much better fit.

11. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I don't plan on buying the Apple watch because I am using the Samsung Gear S and love it. I did start wearing it on my Left wrist but the after a week, the heart rate monitor started having trouble taking a reading. Not sure why it took a week. I do have a tattoo on my left wrist and I thought maybe it has to do with that but I kind of doubt it. Moving it a bit higher up seems to work better.

It has no trouble working on my right wrist.

Wearing it too tight causes red welts that fade after a day or two.

12. IHelpId10t5 macrumors 6502

Haven't worn a watch since I got my first iPhone 6 years ago. What's the use of a watch when I have a fully capable computer in my pocket instead?

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I stopped wearing a watch about a month ago but when I did, it was tight. The bracelet that I wear now instead is also tight :)

14. WeemanWise macrumors 6502

WeemanWise

I currently have a red pebble and I wear it with fairly tight skin contact and the watch face on the bottom of my wrist.