How do you wrap your USB-C power cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phas3, Feb 22, 2017.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

One thing that I miss on my old magsafe power adapter was the wings where I can wrap the thinner cable. With the new tMBP the included power supply doesn't have wings :( so I'm looking for ideas to tie these cables. Pics are welcomed!

2. ANDJOE macrumors regular

ANDJOE

I unplug the cord and wrap the cable into a coil on its own, roughly the diameter of the power adapter. Then I place them near each other. That's it.
    The old fashioned adapter cables developed weak points from wrapping around the wings and to me felt aesthetically unpleasant when wound like this. That is a thing of the past.

3. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Same thing I do. Also I like how thick the newer cables are compared to the old Magsafe cables.

4. bartvk macrumors 6502

bartvk

I almost never take the power adapter with me. I just plunk down an adapter wherever I need it. Got one at home, at the office, at my client and at my parents.

Not Apple ones, mind you.

5. robjmurphy macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2017 ---
    I would recommend the Bobino cord wrap / cable tidy from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bobino-Cor...e=UTF8&qid=1487776215&sr=8-11&keywords=bobino

Not as neat as the fold out tabs the power adapters used to have to keep things tidy but passable.

6. Mefisto macrumors 6502a

Mefisto

Like I wrap all of my other cables (audio, video, instrument etc.). Over / Under. No kinks, the cables unwrap nicely and last a long time.

The charging cable and power brick lay separately on the table next to the laptop when I'm not using them.

7. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

Any cables I just wrap around my hand itself to get a good coil and then I tuck the ends back through the middle of my coil so it doesn't untangle. This is how I store any kind of cable, USB ethernet HDMI doesn't matter.

8. DanDilla macrumors member

DanDilla

9. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado