How does 3.0 run on first gen. iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I've noticed that my 2g iPhone has been running slower after all of the updates and such. Much slower than my mom's 3g... I'm just wondering how 3.0 runs on an original iPhone in comparison to a 3g. My phone in particular is already in need of an upgrade, and I may upgrade depending on this...

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The core hardware's completely identical, so it should be the same on both devices.

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

well... considering the fact that 3.0 is only available to developers, and is still in it's beta stages. it's not as an 'upgrade' you may want to look to another solution.

make sure you are rebooting every day or every other day to keep things running smooth. rebooting always helps.

if that doesn't help... you could try restoring via iTunes

4. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I've already restored it... But there wasn't a difference afterwards. The main thing that I've noticed is that the games run better on the 3G. On my phone when I roll the dice in Monopoly it's all choppy, but on the 3G it runs smoothly... and it's the same for other games.

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

well if you reboot your iPhone after a lot of use... it shouldn't be choppy you should try a program like iStat or Freememory, so you can clear the RAM on your phone to avoid rebooting.

if this doesn't help then you may have something wrong with your phone