Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
I used to have a 6+ that would heat like crazy in the summer when in a setting with no air conditioning, and also inside the blanket. I thought 6+ was more prone to heating up compared to the newer versions like 6s+, 7+, 8+. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

I’m using 7+, and when browsing the net it warms up on the top right hand corner. This is similar to what I found in iPhone SE at the Apple store. (It also heated up starting at top right corner).

iPhone 5 was the last iPhone I had that wouldn’t heat up to the point of uncomfortableness.

fartnugget213

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2017
My old 6s and 6 would heat up while watching HD videos on youtube and twitch streams.

7+ does the same to an extent, it warms up right behind the camera when watching HD videos or playing games but I have found that enabling low power mode eliminates this.

I don't really get any noticeable heat at all while in low power mode.

I don't think it is a problem though, sometimes I wake up and the phone is right underneath my back with an HD game enabled. The phone is hot as hell and still not shut off so I think the normal heat from HD stuff is ok!

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Have you also had the iPhone 5?

I have a 4s 5 5s 6 and 6 Plus. My daily has been the 6 Plus for the last few years. Heat hasn’t been an issue for me. It gets a little warm but nothing I have been concerned about.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
I have a 4s 5 5s 6 and 6 Plus. My daily has been the 6 Plus for the last few years. Heat hasn’t been an issue for me. It gets a little warm but nothing I have been concerned about.
iPhone 5 and the ones that came before were the only ones that didn’t heat up to Theo it of uncomfortableness. Was that true for you as well?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
iPhone 5 and the ones that came before were the only ones that didn’t heat up to Theo it of uncomfortableness. Was that true for you as well?

I have a 3GS 4s and 5. I used the 3GS seldomlyl. I took it on a few business trips, the 4s and 5 I used for a year each. I really can’t say I noticed a lot of heat. Certainly they got warm when gaming.... maybe it’s more noticeable on the 6 plus because of the aluminum body?

I have used the Apple made leather case for the iPhone 6 Plus since day one. It’s also been my daily driver the last 3 years. Maybe the leather case as prevented me from noticing it was getting significantly hot? It’s just been a non issue for me.

cleanair

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2015
Interesting, didn’t you notice any significant heat for the iPhone 6+ in a place with no air conditioning in the Summer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.