Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How does Amazon return policy works like?

darwichee90

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
Hi,

I tried chatting with Amazon costummer support, but they didn't understand much of what i was trying to say. So i hope maybe someone in here knows the answer.

For example, if i buy a laptop from amazon.de and it get destroyed within 2 years, how does their return policy works like? For example here in my country if a item get destroyed, then the store have up to 3 times to try to fix the item, if the item is still defective after 3 times of trying fix the issue, then you are allowed to get a full refund from the store.

How does Amazon handle return cases? I'm asking because i want to buy a razer laptop, but heard so much bad stuff about the laptops. Do i turn to Amazon, or Razer in case something happends?

posguy99

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2004
If it gets "destroyed", then no return policy is in effect. Why would it be?

If it's a defect requiring service, then Razor's policy controls, not Amazon's.

Comment

darwichee90

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2017
If it gets "destroyed", then no return policy is in effect. Why would it be?

I
Think you’re getting me wrong . By destroyed I don’t mean accidentally damage cases, I rather mean things like : coolwhine, overheating laptop, throttling and so on.

Amazon told me in the chat they within 2 years , that they’re are the one handling the warranty part, but I guess that they where not telling the truth then ?

So if something happened, regardless me buying it from Amazon, I’m only allowed to turn to razer directly?

Comment

jtara

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2009
"return policy" != "warranty". Two different things.

In the United States. But OP isn't in the United States. EU has different - and much stronger - warranty laws. In the EU, the seller has some responsibility.

The article below is written from the viewpoint of the UK, but it illustrates the complications of the law.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

Well, that is a pretty old article! (2009). Here is something newer:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/busine...s-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_en.htm

Amazon, of course, has to comply with the law, assuming you buy from an EU-based Amazon store. And, indeed, OP stated their intent to buy from the German Amazon store.
[doublepost=1564730425][/doublepost]
i want to buy a razer laptop, but heard so much bad stuff about the laptops

But why do you want to buy a product that you have heard "so much bad stuff" about?

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.