Carrier How does an upgrade order work under AT&T Next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lsh, Aug 13, 2015.

1. lsh macrumors 6502

I have a 6plus and am considering upgrading when then new iPhone comes out and my 12 months are up later this month.
    My last phone was purchased when I had a legacy upgrade - so the normal ready for upgrade web process.

Has anyone ever upgraded via NEXT and can you explain the process? ie. Can I order thru Apple? Can I order online? I assume I have a little time to return my current phone? Do I return to a store?

2. dcgore macrumors member

You should definitely be able to order online, not sure about Apple though. You have to send you current phone back to AT&T. They will include a return label with your new iphone.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I called att and they said that if you upgrade through apple online or apple in store they will still allow you to upgrade via next and you have 10 days to send in your current phone.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

And of course...there could be new rules once they announce the new phone, etc.

5. NastyComputers macrumors regular

NastyComputers

My in laws did it at an att store. I think it would be easier that way so you could have all your questions answered. Apple employees are very knowledgeable about all the different services.

6. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Looking forward on changing my iPhone 6 for an iPhone 6s!!

7. andrewsjra macrumors regular

Not sure about legacy upgrades but the way it works for Next is you can return your phone and pay the remainder you owe (smaller amount) or keep your phone and pay a larger amount. I currently owe $480 if I want to keep my iPhone 6 or can pay $270 to turn it in and get a new phone.

8. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

My iPhone 5 is out of contract, apparently if I want to get the subsidized price then I have to buy through their website. I'd much rather buy on apple.com but looks like we are out of luck unless I go with the Next program which I don't really want to do. Ugh