How does Apple handle regional carrier phones with customer service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bkends35, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, if it has, I'm sorry. I searched and didn't find anything that answered my question. I have a regional carrier (US Cellular) and was wondering how Apple handles customer service with replacements and all. Say I had a home button malfunction on my 5s and go to my local apple store to get a replacement under warranty. How do they replace the device? I haven't heard of them carrying regional carrier phones in stores so I'm just wondering how they would handle it?

Thanks all.

2. blarivee macrumors 6502

Apple will handle the replacement regardless of which carrier you bought from. Although nowadays, Apple is doing repairs at the store as oppose to giving you white box replacements. So most likely they will replace the home button on your phone on the spot and tell you to come back in a few hours.

Edit: Do tell if they replace or repair your phone.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

as far as people have determined from iphone 5 CDMA replacements, all of their CDMA handsets are universal and are all carrier unlocked. when you go to replace your CDMA regional device, you specify which carrier you have and then when they turn the phone on, they are prompted with a menu to select the carrier it will be used with, along with a warning saying this cannot be undone. this then locks the phone to the carrier, along with the SIM tray if applicable and downloads the correct carrier settings to the device.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. bkends35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Thanks for the response. This is what I figured but I wanted to know for sure.