How does Apple make its keynote presentations?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by dgrog, Sep 10, 2015.

1. dgrog macrumors member

i know they use keynote, but they do certain things that I wouldn't know how to do in keynote.

For example, with this watch I have attached a photo of - they showed it unlooping. The only way I'm thinking they're doing this is with videos embedded into the slide? But it seems too slick to be that!

Attached Files:

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Probably a version of Keynote us customers will never see. You know, cos **** you. :p

3. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Standard keynote I think with a couple tweaks here and there to allow for the live demo things.
    The example you posted I would assume they have an animation and the background of the animation is the same background of the keynote. so the entire slide is the video.

4. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Agree with The-Pro - just a video with the same background. (Or, they could have rendered the video as an animated graphic, with transparent background, too.)

As for the spaces for live demos, those are almost certainly not "within the Keynote presentation" - those are the AV guy switching inputs to what is on the monitor.

5. boch82 macrumors 6502

Do this type of thing all the time. Keynote doesnt support alpha channels, so the animation has to be rendered over the same background. It gets dropped in as a video and plays on cue.

Live demos and feature videos are not embedded into the presentation as they bog down file size and cpu power, they are played back off a separate device. With a professional setup and crew its easy to make it look seamless to the audience.