Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Do they send a check or apply the credit on the credit card you used?

See below from Apple Website:

Apple.com said:
How to get your Mac
and free iPod touch.

1. Shop for a Mac.
Shop the Apple Online Store for Education. Call 1-800-MY-APPLE. Or find your favorite Apple Retail Store or your local Apple Authorized Campus Store.

2. Buy an iPod touch.
Purchase your Mac and iPod touch at the same time to qualify for your online rebate.*

3. Submit your rebate.
After you receive your Mac and iPod, submit your claim online by October 8, 2009. Once your claim has been submitted, check your rebate status at any time.

Find out if you qualify
Submit your claim online
Check your rebate status
Got questions? Need advice?
Call 1-877-427-5776 or read our FAQ page for more information.

Note: Residents of Connecticut and
Rhode Island, please read additional
terms and conditions.

MBP09

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
yes, but do you get a check back from them or a they credit your CC? it doesn't say on the site...

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
yes, but do you get a check back from them or a they credit your CC? it doesn't say on the site...

Ahh - sorry I thought I posted both of these in the first reply.

Quick Answer: You receive a check in the mail.

Apple.com said:
For purchases via the U.S. Apple Online Store for Education Individuals or U.S. Apple Telesales, rebate checks will only be mailed to the credit card holder and billing address of the credit card used to make the purchase. Checks will only be mailed to an address located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. It may take up to eight (8) weeks after Apple’s receipt of a completed rebate claim that is made in accordance with these terms to receive your check.

From here: http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS09_TermsConditions-US_v4.pdf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.