How does Apple return policy work?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gtanner00, Jun 16, 2014.

1. gtanner00 macrumors member

Hey guys.
    I am looking to finally order my rMBP 13" next week with student pricing. I had originally been told at best buy that they would be happy to match apple student pricing. When I went into the store recently I was rudely told by the store's so called "apple representative" that they will never match student pricing. Best buy sometimes has sales which match the Student pricing but I now feel like I don't want to support the store given how rude the sales associate was to me regarding most questions I had.

Anyways, my region is not quite large enough to have its own apple store (there are three if them 4 hours away in Vancouver ) If I order online I was wondering a) how long does it take to ship out of the warehouse? (I'm assuming that once it is shipped it would be here within a day) and b) how does the return policy work?

I understand that you have 14 days to return. Is that from when it is purchased, shipped, or received? If I were to get a 'lemon' (crossing my fingers that doesn't happen) how do i ship it back. Does Apple pay the shipping cost? Does it need to be sent, or received before the 14 days are up?

Thank you for the help. I realize that I could find most of this online but I thought things like shipping time might be better answered anecdotally.

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

3. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I notice reading the Apple return policy for the US above, that it says online orders can be returned via the store.
    In the UK if you buy via the online ed store, you can only return it via the courier method.

Barney

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I can say that my experience with their return policy is EXCELLENT. I just did it online. Just had to click a couple buttons and print out the return label then drop it off at Fedex. As easy as it gets!

5. gtanner00 thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad that they will pay the return shipping. Does anyone have any idea how fast MBPs are shipping lately in North America?

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Apple website says "within 24 hours."

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro

7. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

8. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Apple's return window is shorter than other companies, but the process is almost completely hassle-free.