How does Apple ship with Fedex? Express, or third express?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by palmerc2, Jun 10, 2010.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

So I was just standing out on my balcony and I saw a fedex truck come up to make a delivery to my neighbor so picked his brain for a few minutes. I asked him what time I could possibly expect the iPhone to come through, he basically said he's pretty sure apple ships through express, which all the drivers try real hard to get there before 12PM. He said third express will get there between 12-5PM. Do not quote me on the names, I think that is what he called it.......

He said Apple will also probably list what time we can expect it on the website when you pre-order it, is this correct? Or possibly say what time I would like it to arrive? I know I am not the only one that wants to know.....:eek:

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

3. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

thank you for confirming what I've already said

what I am trying to ask is, FedEX has 2 different methods of shipping....express, and third express

which one does apple use? I haven't had anything delivered by apple for over 2 years....

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Apple uses FedEx and UPS !!

Last year, thousands of us tracked our iPhone 3GS units all the way from the factory in Shenzhen China. We even tried to watch time overhead at UPS WorldPort where they cleared customs...it was a great thread right here on MacRumors.

Once your order ships, it will have a tracking number and the shipping company that will be carrying your new toy.

Dave

5. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i got my 3gs from Fedex but it wasn't my regular fedex box truck delivery driver.

6. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Clearly the previous posters didn't read your question. Unfortunatly I don't have the answer but would like to know this too. I have a feeling they use the service that gets it there before noon based on many people saying they received their other phones by 10am. Figure apple wants to get them there fast.

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Too funny! 3 responses and none of them obviously read your post. I have no idea how that keeps happening lately. Anyway, if I'm remembering correctly, it was express last year :)

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Perhaps they were simply weary of these threads and assumed it was just another noob asking another question no one on this forum can answer.

At the Apple site, my iPad order did specify a time (delivery by 10:30). Will Apple use the same FedEx shipping method? Who knows? No one on this board.

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Judging from previous posters in other thread it appears to be express. What does it matter though is what I wonder. As long as you get your i4 and the shipping is free on 6/24.

10. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I would say express. I ordered my iPad from Apple.com and they shipped via FedEx. It was delivered around 9:30 AM local time.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Apple ships w/ FedEx and UPS. The iPad WiFi shipped via UPS from China. However, the delivery deadline for both services is "end of day." So it could arrive at 10am or 7pm.

OTOH many of the iPad 3Gs shipped from the US via FedEx Ground.

12. forecheck macrumors newbie

I think most (if not all) of the 3GS's shipped via UPS to arrive no later than 10:30 launch day.

First time I could remember Apple using UPS over FedEx.

13. creeman macrumors 6502

Pretty sure they use express, because last year when I pre-ordered my 3GS it was guaranteed before 10 am.

14. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I can tell you for sure mine did not and I'm in the middle of a large city. Mine did not come until later in the day.

15. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I've never preordered before - do you have to specify overnight shipping to receive it on launch day?

16. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Well I guess even though I'll be having it shipped I'll still have to be home since fedex seems to always require a signature and regardless that i live in a fairly large area (Daytona Beach) the driver gets back after the desk closes so I cant go claim it after work.

17. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

True.

False. Your iPad WiFi might have shipped UPS. Mine shipped FedEx, from China.

False. My FedEx shipment was by 10:30 am.

One out of three ain't bad.

18. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

You can sign a signature waiver and hang it on your door and they will leave the package. Also, it's Apple who requires FedEx get the signature, not FedEx requiring it.

19. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Uhh.... yeah that's what he said... 10am-7pm..... so you're wrong.... TRUE.

50/50 shot I guess though right?

20. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

21. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I believe it's express, but it'll probably just depend on what position you are on the driver's route. Most likely there will be a crap load of iPhones to deliver and it's not like it's one iPhone per driver so the time will most likely vary.

I believe last year I got my iPhone really late just because I was the last on his route. I believe the houses closest to the fedex shipping hub get last because the drivers will be looping back around anyways.