how does apple store at mall typically work on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jvmxtra, Mar 6, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

do people line up on these(like last year?)
    I mean I cannot imagine the lines because it will block other store right next to it.. how will it work???

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Typically the Apple Store will close down an hour or two before 5:00 to clear the store and set up

Yes, lines will form within the mall, but will be roped off or organized by the local mall security

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

why not call and ask your local store and find out how they'll be handling it?

i have 3 Apple Stores in my area and 2 are within indoor malls... and they always set up lines outside the store so they block their neighbors as little as possible.

4. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I actually went to the store yesterday.. Nobody is able to give out any information...

5. urkel macrumors 68030

Its a simple process. They unnecessarily stand you outside so you can be human billboards to the mall walkers who go "whats the line for"? And when those people go in line to get the new product they get to be the human billboards for the next batch of mall walkers.

6. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

They line you up outside the store

Apple is very experienced with handling long lines. The Apple Store manager will work with the mall to get those posts-with-ropes-between-them set up to direct the lines to allow access to the other stores.