How does appstore payout work?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by zmunkz, Jun 18, 2010.

1. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the details for how Apple pays developers in the app store? I am not currently a paying developer but I am considering joining... unfortunately I am unable to find any policies or terms on how it all works.

For instance, do you have to pay in order to list something in the store? E.g., if I am making only free apps, and I still stuck paying apple? Does apple pull your app if you stop renewing your developer membership? If not, do they still pay you your cut? What stats and information do they provide you about your hosted apps?

If anyone can find a link or an article, I'd really appreciate it. I must not be using the right keywords, because I am not finding much...

Thanks!

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

They pay every month, you have to pay less than 100$ to join but every year. It's required even for free apps. I don't know but I suppose that if you stop paying they'll remove your apps. Each day you can download appstore stats.

Take a look at http://developer.apple.com/iphone to learn about the iPhone program and how it works.