how does at&t $200 trade in work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ineel, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ineel macrumors regular

I couldn't find this anywhere, but anyone know how the trade in program deal works? Do i trade in my old iPhone and they immediately give me a $200 card towards purchase of iPhone 6? Or do they give me the card after i buy the iPhone 6? This is really confusing, because if they give me a $200 card that can only work on at&t products/services after I purchase the phone, I wouldn't have enough time before the amount on the card expires in 90 days. My bill isn't high enough to use the entirety of the card in 90 days.

2. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

You might want to call a local store to confirm you can use it after they get iP6 stock in. I called CS and they said if I do the trade in online, I could use it for anything* but there is a wait time of several weeks. CS told me if I traded in at a store, I would get the AT&T card immediately.

Called a local store: they confirmed immediate trade in for the card, but they said I cannot use the card for pre-order since it is not a Visa or MC branded.

*anything not meaning pre-orders.

I've decided to wait my contract out, I need a new computer before I need a new phone.