How does AutoFill work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaApple?, Jul 13, 2009.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I cant figure out how to get my Autofill feature in Safari to work. I have it enabled in Settings and I am able to click it when I am at a login screen, but it just clicks and doesn't do anything! I've tried to use the Autofill on both MR and Twitter...logging in and out and in again both times and nothing! It's supposed to remember my login details and automatically input it again for me right? Its not working! :confused:

Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work? Is there something I'm not doing that I should be? Or what is going on? Thanks

2. arykmax macrumors regular

Glad I'm not the only one that is a little confused on the specifics. I hope to get an answer to this as well.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume you're talking about the MR mobile site, correct? If so, I may know why the autofill is not working. It could be the same problem with not being able to use copy/paste on the mobile sites. Just a theory, but it seems like the same kind of issue. I just went to the MR Mobile site and of course copy/paste didn't work, which I guess is the way all the mobile sites are going to be until Apple updates the software.

4. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

It works on and off for me. I was entering in my zip code the other day, and the yellow autofill popup thing came up. I've had it happen a few other times for other text fields. I'm not sure what the criteria are for it though.

5. D3lta macrumors 6502a

What I don't understand about AutoFill is why do I need to pick a contact for My Info?

Why can't I just fill in my info?

6. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

it uses your address book card for its info
    i thought it was just for filling in forms for name/address/phone number/etc.

not for logging into websites

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

autifill IS for logging into websites.

8. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

9. WannaApple? thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried auto fill on both mobile sites and standard and I can't get to work on either. I didn't knowif I was doing something wrong because the button us clickable, it just doesn't do anything.

There is a settting for both name/address AND login and password so it should work for both. If someone figures it out please post. It's getting annoying having to relogin to websites on my phone after I logout on my MacBook

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, you only mentioned iPhone sites in your OP, so I thought that might be the source of the issue. I've not used autologin, since I think it is too dangerous in case I lost my iPhone, and then someone would have access to everything I do.

11. mappyman macrumors regular

It's a bit hit and miss where it works. I've got it to work on one website, example: www.acelogic.co.uk it works on the control panel bit.

The login and password were filled in automatically.