Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm paying.

But you are paying her not BB. Meaning BB will report to her credit not yours. Your mom is seriously setting you up for failure if she thinks that being an adult means signing onto some 25% APR credit card. Those credit cards are for trash.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I did this once on some furniture (from "The Brick). I made sure to pay it off on the second last month. That way I would get a statement showing a balance of zero with one month to go. If there had been some screw-up I would have had a month to make sure that the problem was corrected before the hundreds of dollars on interest became due.

It worked out okay in the end.

The companies make money from the small number of people who don't pay it off in time. Just be careful not to be one of them.

Greg

arthursiew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
SF Bay Area
I did this once on some furniture (from "The Brick). I made sure to pay it off on the second last month. That way I would get a statement showing a balance of zero with one month to go. If there had been some screw-up I would have had a month to make sure that the problem was corrected before the hundreds of dollars on interest became due.

It worked out okay in the end.

The companies make money from the small number of people who don't pay it off in time. Just be careful not to be one of them.

Greg

Thanks. My plan is to pay 30 dollars a month regularly and pay 40 or 50 on at least 3 or 4.
TO ALL: I appreciate all the help and concerns, but I'm a very organized person, so I make sure everything is done before I even move on (as in doing something else, sleeping, end of wkend or school :D)

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
how it works

they set the monthly payments so if you pay the minimum payment every month you will not pay off the entire amount owed. so then you pay intrest from day 1. if you are going to do this make sure you pay more than the min payment.

arthursiew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
SF Bay Area
Thanks for your concern guys, but I already have my plan. In our family, we tend to pay our monthly bills, like Bill Me Later, higher than the monthly minimum.
Hopefully 24" will be big enough for a room smaller than 100" in height.

arthursiew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
SF Bay Area
Hey guys! I just decided to go to Circuit City's financing offer and my mom just got approved for it. We are going to buy a Samsung LN40A500 for only $799 tomorrow!!! Thanks for all the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.