How does Case Mate Pop! compares to the Speck Candyshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kelbidrome, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Kelbidrome macrumors newbie

Im planning on getting either one during black friday sales and in need of some opinion on which case to get.:cool:

2. arcturuz macrumors member

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

4. s54flexin macrumors newbie

They do. Hope case-mate comes out with a revised version of the Pop

5. missygal Guest

missygal

I dont like the Case Mate one, it doesnt lay flat on table. Not sure about the other one.

6. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

I tried a few cases recently and ended up keeping the Case Mate Pop. It's an amazing case. No flaking problems at all with mine. Phone is well protected, has nice rubber lip around the screen and is much easier to install or remove the phone compared to the Candyshell. Most importantly for me, it is very comfortable to hold and the side grips are awesome. Most other cases are way to slippery.

I like the case so much that I bought a second one in a different color just for fun. I have a black one and a green one now.

7. James0945 macrumors newbie

I'm in the same situation for the 4s. I'm aware that the candyshell scratches and the rubber exterior could possibly rub off? And the case mate Pop rubber edges and lining around the screen may start peel off over time.

Any further knowledge of the better case?

8. mustang43 macrumors newbie

They both get scratches on the back bc they are heavily glossed...but the case-mate pop is a much better case, no flaking at least for the 1st month.

I used to have the candyshell and the thin part above the dock connector broke within 2 weeks, the case-mate one has a more flexible plastic there and the only way you will break it is if you try to.

9. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I've had the CandyShell for a week, and couldn't be happier! Flaking issue was apparently with earlier versions... I carry in hip pocket and it is perfect for me! And the colors available are great! I bought the Pep'mint and it's just right with my white 4S. :)