Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So I'm very torn with what I should do if they are only releasing a spec bump and not a redesign. My current iP4 has seen better days and really needs to be replaced but sadly is outside of warranty.

If it's a redesign, I'm in, no question, but if it's just a spec bump, I'm hesitant to use my upgrade eligibility when there is the possibility that we will see a LTE capable full redesign within 6 months, and guaranteed that we will see one within 12.

If I buy the 4S or whatever it may be called, and in 6 months they release a full redesign, ideally with LTE, would I still be able to upgrade without full price? I thought there used to be some like $100 early upgrade program, but I could have sworn they did away with that, or at least changed it.

What are the current options?

neenja

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2008
Youll be able to do an early upgrade, but they cost $250 on top of the upgrade price.

Amnesia87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Youll be able to do an early upgrade, but they cost $250 on top of the upgrade price.

$250 :eek:

BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess depending what happens on Tuesday, I'll try and convince my dad or brother to give me their upgrade in exchange for the 4S and do it that way. $100-$150 I could stomach... $250 is insane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.