How does Heart Rate data get into Health app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Cyroceon, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Simple question, but seems elusive. By default, how does heart rate measurements get recorded by Apple Watch and send to the health app on my phone? If it is done by default, what are the parameters for measurement? Thanks as I can't seem to find an answer to this question.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

About once every 10 minutes the HR sensor measures your HR. It will do it continuously if using the Workout app.

3. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Is that without any app on the watch? Is there a way to display last sensor-read measurement as a complication without using another app? If so, how? If not, any advice, other than Cardiogram, on an app that includes the complication?

4. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

There is a heartrate app built into the watch. If you launch it, it gives the last HR and time it was taken

5. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Understood. However, still without a complication, correct?

6. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

There is a complication that launches the HR app, but it doesn't actually show you the HR right on the watch face

7. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Got it. Well that's what I'm looking for precisely. Any suggestions?

8. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

9. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Thanks for that. Any others, possibly free, that I could try? I just want to see the complication look. If someone has it, even a screenshot will suffice.

10. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

i use the hearwatch complication and its incredible, even has a small arrow next to the number showing if heart rate is up or down since last measurment

why do you keep on asking for other apps if you already know about cardiogram? its free and has a complication that show heart rate number

11. Cyroceon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Appreciate the detail on Hearthwatch, and will likely push me over the edge to purchase.

I keep asking about other apps because Cardiogram has been pretty inconsistent with re-measuring without me engaging the app through the complication. That is not truly background measurement, which is the killer feature I've sought. Thanks for inquiring, though, just didn't want to disparage the good work the folks who founded Cardiogram have done/are doing.

12. Benz63amg macrumors 68020

Benz63amg

The background measurement works flawlessly with the heartwatch complication

13. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Great thread!

Although I'm not sure the meaning of the word 'complication' in context is, I know by inference, for me I'm at a loss.

Still though reading this thread and HeartWatch app recommendation I'm quite impressed so much data can be seen by the AppleWatch. I kinda wish I had this in my tweens with a growth murmur that completely terrified me when incidents occurred. Are hospitals getting such devices/apps for children with heart compli ... ah man now I know what is meant by complication; duh me!

Thanks guys.